Submit A Job
Posting Student Job Openings
Complete the online student jobs form to submit your departments posting request to the Student Employment Office. For best results, please use either Google Chrome or Firefox browsers (Internet Explorer tends to interfere with some job submissions). Job openings are divided into two categories:
If you select Work-Study Only, you should discuss with the student before hiring that Federal Work-Study funds may be limited and what effect, if any, this may have on their employment.
In compliance with the Illinois Campus Security Act, security-sensitive SIUC student employment positions have been identified as:
- Positions which involve working with minors or individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Positions which involve providing for the safety of students, faculty, and staff
- Positions having regular access to controlled substances
- Positions which provide significant overall responsibility, defined at $50,000 or more per day, for the control of university financial resources
If your department needs to be assigned a new student employment position that meets the requirements of security-sensitive, please contact Student Employment Services. Student Job Position IDs include either SS (Security Sensitive) or NS (Non-security Sensitive) within the Position ID#.
Whenever a Security-Sensitive position is marked, the following statement will populate on your posting: "This is a security-sensitive position. Before any offer of employment is made, the university will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check."
Note: Before any offer of employment is made for a security-sensitive position, a background investigation must be completed. The hiring department is responsible for submitting the applicant's Authorization for Release of Information Form to the Student Employment Office.
Hire-A-Saluki (Powered by Handshake) Job Posting FAQ’s
How will I receive my applications once posted?
- Hire-A-Saluki will send the application materials directly to your email.
How can I view my Job Posting?
- Everyone at SIUC has a Hire-A-Saluki account already available. Follow the link on our page under the “Job Search” tab and log in with your salukinet login. Make sure you filter the job search on Hire-A-Saluki by “On-Campus Student Employment” for the best results finding your position.
What does the “Apply through external system” option do?
- If your department already has a hiring system in place electronically, you can use this option to link students from Hire-A-Saluki to that page to apply. All you have to do is attach the weblink.
If we take both FWS and Non-FWS students, which option should we select when asked?
- You should select “No” when asked if it is a work-study position. Students with both FWS and none will be able to apply for the position you posted, but this will make sure your posting doesn’t get filtered out for the non-FWS students.
What documents do you recommend for the “required documents” section?
- A student’s resume is going to have what you may need most of the time with their job history and contact info. If the student requires help building a resume, they can always set up an appointment with us here in the Career Development Center.
What if I only want to receive specific student applications?
- Hire-A-Saluki allows our postings to have multiple filtering options such as GPA, School Year, Major, etc. If you wish only to receive applications that meet your criteria, make sure you select the “Only send applicants who match my preferences” option. This works for departments wishing for only FWS students as well.
My job has been posted for a while, and I haven’t received any applications. What do I do?
- Please reach out to us at the Student Employment office located in the Career Development Center. 618-453-2391