SIU's Student Employment Program is a cooperative effort between the Career Development Center, Financial Aid, Payroll, Accounts Payable, and the University hiring departments. Southern Illinois University Carbondale is a member of the National Student Employment Association and employs approximately 2,000 students on campus, annually. The Student Employment Program is dedicated to enhancing student development by creating challenges and teaching responsibility.
The Submit a Job link connects departmental staff to the comprehensive online hiring process.
The Student Supervisors Manual was developed to assist departmental staff who are involved with student employees.
The Student Employment Job Classifications list will help the departmental staff determine the complete, correct Position ID Number(s) currently assigned to their department.
The Student Payroll Schedule provides departmental staff access to the Payroll Office website.
The Student Grievance Process provides student employees with a guide to help them resolve any conflict or misunderstanding of student employment policies or regulations with the employer.
Important Dates to Remember
- March 8, 2020 through March 14, 2020 is a student employment break period (Week 1 of ST7).
- Students who meet spring 2020 employment eligibility requirements (including May 9th graduates) may work through May 16, 2020 (end payroll period ST11).
- May 17, 2020 is the first day of student employment for summer 2020 (payroll period ST12).
- May 10, 2020 through June 6, 2020 is an intersession period.
- Summer main session begins June 7, 2020 (Week 2 of ST13).
- Summer main session ends August 1, 2020.
- Students who meet summer 2020 employment eligibility requirements (including August graduates) may work through August 8, 2020 (end payroll period ST17).
- August 9, 2020 is the first day of fall student employment for fall 2020 (payroll period ST18).
Student employees must have a direct deposit to either a personal checking or savings account, or an established debit account.